Gratitude: 30 Things


So true Rupert, so true.

My Heavenly Father gives me so much and I am so grateful for:
  1. The Gospel and the peace it provides.
  2. The Book of Mormon, Bible, D&C, and other scripture for answering questions and giving insight.
  3. General Conference/Firesides/Devotionals and all other opportunities to listen to the living prophets and apostles.  I would feel lost without them.
  4. My mom, for being my best friend and mentor.
  5. My dad for his never ending support and faith, even when he's not so sure he wants me to do something crazy, like move to Romania as a teenager he still supports me in my crazy passions.
  6. My big brother for never being willing to beat up any of the boys who were mean to me at school.  Peace is the only answer ;) 
  7. My little, baby sister for always keeping life a little more interesting.
  8. My grandparents for the never ending entertainment and the ever flowing love.
  9. Deb Thornton and the CHSS magazine for giving me a job before I knew I needed one (nice one there).
  10. My roommate Brittany who listens to me complain, brag, and in general just talk about myself.  And, most importantly, for "getting it."
  11. Romania-- for teaching me the best and worst of myself.
  12. Utah Valley University for being the best place for my education.  For the opportunities that can't be found anywhere else, for the amazing staff who care more about my life being successful than my papers being long enough.
  13. My ex boyfriends for showing me what is lovely about myself and also what I do that is toxic to relationships, you've all been inexpressibly valuable, and I'm ever grateful to you.
  14. My red hair.  Once I was at a hair salon and the stylist said to me, "ya know that scripture that says that everything denotes that there is a god? Your hair is one of those things for me, no man could have created your hair color."  Now, don't mistake this for vanity, I didn't choose my hair, but since that day I've never looked at it the same way and I'm honored God gave it to me.
  15. Rich Robbins, for thinking I'm wonderful, even when I don't.
  16. Blair VanDyke, for keeping it real, and being the one person who can talk me out of my way.
  17. Brandon Young, Jakob Grimmius, Christopher Cantlon, Shad Gale, Dan Garner, Travis Griffiths, Devin Moody,all three Jareds Chase, Matt, Nate, and all those men who are quality and want to be good and have faith and live by it, you remind me that not all guys are as awful as the world would have them be. 
  18. My blog, for being my much needed outlet.
  19. My God-given love for writing, I don't know who I'd be without it.
  20. The book "The Letters" by Luanne Rice and Joseph Monniger for healing my bruised and broken heart this last December.  For whatever reason that book was exactly what I needed.
  21. Amazon for sending me coupons for books and selling me Harry Potter DVDs on discount.
  22. My trials for they are the evidence of the love and attention of the Lord.
  23. My comfortable bed, I may love it too much.
  24. Music, for simultaneously distracting me from reality and teaching me of reality.
  25. My dishwasher and how it saves my hands from drying out.
  26. Kimmy Ertel and Megan Richards for being my best mission mates.
  27. Nathan and Jordie Baxter and their three beautiful kids for showing me a happy family.  I'm jealous.
  28. Natasha Baxter for her support and friendliness from afar. 
  29. A strong sense of purpose.  I've always felt like I was meant for something great, and that I know when pieces of the jigsaw puzzle of my life are handed to me.  I may not get to see the picture for reference, but the Lord is kindly handing me mostly edge pieces. 
  30.  My over active imagination, yeah sure it makes me think that I may die a horrible, painful death at the hands of mobsters, or international criminals, but I can also travel to all the beautiful places and imagine all the beautiful experiences that I can't have right now.
Isn't life something wonderful?

Comments

Popular Posts