25 @ 25-- Baby Steps, Baby Steps

"I'm Sailing! Look at me! I'm Sailing!"

These are a little late (only 2 1/2 months late), but every year for my birthday I think of what I want to do with that year of my life, and I write up a list of as many goals as I am years old... if that made sense.  I love doing this because I love seeing how successful I can be.

These aren't "New Year's Resolutions," but more of a test to see how I can stretch myself, and get myself (incrementally) where I want to be when I'm old and tired.  Last year I accomplished 20 out of 24, the year before that I did 22 out of 23.  Pretty good right?  I don't beat myself up over the ones I didn't make and figure if they are still important to me I'll just roll them over to the next year.

So here they are, the 25 @ 25.

1.) Create something fantastic and unique. (done)

2.) Be someone's second chance.

3.) Make a new best friend (not to replace, just to add)

4.) Get a full-time internship.

5.) SAVE $1,000. (done)

6.) Find ways to share my testimony with others.

7.) Do something that scares me.

8.) Get Published (done).

9.) Read 50 books (double my age).

10.) Go camping at least twice.

11.) Get out of Utah at least 3 times (done)

12.) Call up and see a friend I don't see often twice a month (every other weekend).

13.) Spend more time with the family.

14.) Do something without any guarantees of a positive return (done).

15.) Wear skirts more often. More than once a week.

16.) Remember to get my oil changed on time!

17.) Honestly compliment someone at least once a day.

18.) Go on a road trip this summer to anywhere. (Any takers?) (Done! Yellowstone!)

19.) Budget for paint.

20.) MOVE OUT OF THE BLACK HOLE THAT IS REMINGTON! (done)

21.) Wear more sunscreen (I don't want my face to fall off in a cancerous pile on the floor). (done)

22.) Get involved in a club/project/committee that will expand my knowledge, introduce me to new people, and make a difference in the lives of others. (done-- Interfaith Association/English Conversation Club)

23.) Go to the temple at least twice a month (weefy I know considering there are 6 temples w/in a 30 minute drive, but I know my limits and I don't plan on failing).

And since I'm trying to turn a leaf and I've been preaching getting over fears and being vulnerable, I'm finally putting the two goals on here that I've thought about for years and never had the guts to actually write down.... drum roll please....

24.) Learn how to swim (I'm already at a 8 on the scale of discomfort).

25.) Ask a boy on a date...(ugh that was physically painful to write down). (done, twice)

Comments

Popular Posts