Passion



3/30: Passions: What are you passionate about (and why)?

If you're not an activist, you're an in-activist. 

Learning it, Living it, Loving it, Sharing it.

2.) Children: 
I believe that all children deserve love, care, food, safety and fun.  Far too many children live in fear and devastation and I can't figure out why no one seems to care.
I think the most noble thing a person can do is give a child a good home.
Hats off to the good moms and dads of the world!

3.) Stories: 
I am convinced that all human interests and loves can be whittled down to a good story.  
I love my books, my movies and my music-- obvious media for stories.
Some like sports.  
Think about your favorite sports team.  
Do you follow them? Know the players? Know their strengths and weaknesses?  Know how they interact? Do you watch the whole season hoping they make it to the end? Do you find yourself standing up, hands near your mouth, not breathing normally when the game is close?
Why? 
Because, honey, it's a good story.
Try and tell me these things aren't media for story-telling:
Art
Teaching
Building
Exercise 
Philosophy
Math
Martial Arts
Science
Etc.

4.) Learning to Forget Myself:
I'm not great with this, but I want to be, and I know I will be if I keep trying.
Other people should matter more.  I'll never be who I want to be until I let myself have priorities above my own interests.

5.) Travelling:
I believe there is something intensely valuable in travelling and seeing new places.
"The world is a book, and those who never travel only read one page."
-St. Augustine
Learning that everyone has a little more in common with everyone else is the only thing that will bring world peace. 

             I believe that everyone has a passion, something that they would picket and protest, and get arrested in the pursuit of.  There are many things to fight for, and it's okay if yours doesn't match mine.  But find yours and then do something about it.  Believe in the ability you possess to affect change.  It is impossible to live a life that does not send out endless ripples of change and influence, so you might as well focus it.


Comments

Popular Posts