The Worst Advice I Have Ever Heard

My roommate was reading a dating advice column and the question was: "So, I find my self attracted to this guy/girl. What now?" then there was an answer from a woman directed at men and a man directed to women. The woman's advice had something to do with bucking up and actually asking the girl out, waiting a logical amount of time and then finding a moment when both parties were relaxed and comfortable and saying something to the effect of, "[insert girl name here] you're really awesome. I like how you [insert personalized compliment here]. I'm really enjoying spending time with you and I would like to [insert something along the lines of 'make this more serious' here]." Then she went on to explain that there will probably be an awkward pause because the girl is taken a little aback from the possible randomness. Good advice.


Then the man's advice said something like this, "Guys are dumb so you can't hope we'll get hints, so what you have to do is just be direct and say something like, '[insert guy's name here] I am really attracted to you and would like you to ask me out.' and the guy will probably respond saying something like, 'oh cool. Do you want to go to the Owl City concert with me this week and feed the ducks afterward. Ducks are my favorite animal." BAD ADVICE.


Lies. Lies. Lies. I get that guys are thick and can't catch hints, but unless a girl is the likes of Heidi Klum or Taylor Swift this abrupt response will probably cause the fight or flight reflex in a guy. I have been told multiple times by guys to tread carefully on the being upfront territory because "hunters" don't like being the "hunted" so I call BS.



Comments

Popular Posts