I am a Lone Piece of Toast in the Great Toaster of Life

So, sometimes I am kinda crazy. The other night I couldn't sleep and I was a little on the hungry side so I decided I wanted to eat some toast, but the rule of not eating after 8 pm was a little haunting so I decided one slice wouldn't hurt. I popped one slice of bread into the toaster and when it popped back out again it was a nice golden brown on one side and burnt to a crisp on the other. This confused me, so I put in another slice. Same thing happened. Yet another slice yielded the same outcome. A half a loaf of bread later I noticed that when you put one slice of bread into the toaster, no matter which slot, one side (the side facing the other slot) will burn.



Like I said, I'm a little bit on the crazy side so I suddenly realized that this phenomenon is like love. A person is a slice of bread heading for the toaster and life is the toaster. If you go through life alone you get burnt. Life, like a toaster, was meant for two. The heat of life's tests and trials are meant to be absorbed by two people just like the heat from a toaster's fiery coils are meant to be absorbed by two slices of bread.


So, if the next time you see me I'm a little burnt on one side please don't mention it, it's a sensitive subject.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts