Distress Signals


I was sick today and it put me into a bit of a daze. I was walking across campus and feeling fuzzy, pushing my way through the most crowded campus in the US when I became very overwhelmed by the people around me.

I just wondered who all these people were and what they were thinking about. Is she okay? Is he having a good day? Is that guy liking his classes or are they overwhelming him? Has she "figured out her future" yet? I was feeling a little too much like Felicity so I decided to go home early and sleep off the bug.

Things seem to be pretty hard on just about everyone I know lately. We all seem to be living that "when it rains it pours" adage.  In the midst of that I hope we're still looking out for each other.
When you are walking around, contemplating all your trials and thinking that your life is hard or unfair, remember, so is everyone else. We are all sending out distress signals, but we aren't picking them up because we're all too wrapped up in our own garbage.

You may feel like you're drowning and that no one is catching on to why you've been weird lately, or worse, they don't care. Chances are it's because they are feeling the same way. The best way to stay afloat is to focus on your friends who you could try to rescue.

Know your friends' and family members' details so that when they send out distress signals (disguised as those details gone missing) you can read them. And then, go to their rescue.


Comments

  1. Thank you for this reminder, Nicole. And you aren't kidding about the "when it rains, it pours". What is up with everyone getting poured on suddenly?

    Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts