Whatever Happened to Class?

  

I'm annoyed. Really annoyed.  And I've been annoyed for a few days now. I know that allowing things to annoy or frustrate you just steals your own happiness, but still, I'm annoyed.

I must say that I thank my lucky stars and my Higher Power that my mother is my mother, because that woman raised me right. Sometimes I'd like to unleash her on the rude, inconsiderate, self-centered and classless people in the world.  Most specifically in the greater Orem/Provo area.

Here are a few of my pet peeves that get stroked a few times more than what's safe.

1.) I was taught that it is abominably rude to go to a sit down restaurant any later than 45 minutes before they close.  I abided by this rule long before I worked at a restaurant just out of sheer respect for others.  It is nearly impossible to seat, take and order, cook the order, serve, and clear and clean the table in less than 45 minutes.  Don't be the jack a$$ that makes people work harder and later than they were scheduled just because you think the world should revolve around you.

2.) Touching other people's things.  No one likes their things touched, used and moved around.  But people do it to others.  This confuses me.  Has the golden rule been shot to h-e-double hockey sticks? (sorry, I'm trying to censor myself).

3.) Hypocrisy.  Why do people throw fits about something they do but don't like done? What? You're dumb.

4.) Using your for you're and vice versa.  And on that note: using their, there, they're incorrectly.  Furthermore, incorrectly using whose, who's, it's, its, and the like.  Did you go to the fifth grade?

5. ) The fact that Kellie Pickler is richer than me.  She thinks Europe is a county and that Budapest is the capital of the state of France. She should be working in the Piggly Wiggly of whatever dusty town she came from.

6.) People who set the table wrong.  I set the table right.  How do I know that? Because I went to one of those British-like etiquette schools when I was a young lady.  Create the SQUARE! Create the SQUARE!

7.) Entitled people who think they are the only people who matter.  Life happens, get over it.

Okay, I'm done.

Comments

  1. I think we're the same person because when people touch my stuff it drives me UP THE WALL!!! I hear ya, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Elisabeth, we should be friends. We probably were in the premortal life, and promised to find each other, and we did, through blogs.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts