Life is in Session



Every fourth Sunday my siblings and I turn up at my parents' house for dinner.  Today I was peeling an hard boiled egg for my mother and had a bit of an egg-sistential  moment (get it? eggs-sistential, existential  ha ha! okay...anyway), as I was peeling away I became very aware of the texture of the shell and blurted out, "this is so weird! Think about it! If this egg were fertilized and incubated (or sat on by a chicken) a chick would eventually peck its way out, but it wasn't so now I'm peeling off a thin, sharp layer so that I can eat what's inside." (Yes, I'm one of those people who talks about how bizarre it is that we know how to bake bread, and I'm convinced that cake was discovered by accident, oh yeah, and I completely over-analyze pregnancy and child birth until it completely freaks me out.)  My mom and sister just looked at me, and responded, "I guess," probably just trying to avoid encouraging me from continuing about how weird life is.

This is why I'm glad I know Brittany, she gets it.

Anyway, peeling that egg got me thinking about how this is literally my life.  I'm am the only me there will ever be. No one else will ever know what and how I see things. No one will ever think or understand or interpret things exactly how I do.  This is my one shot.

That's scary stuff.

This is it guys! This is what we have to work with.  This life will define and decide everything we will have for the rest of forever! (I'm talking heavy heaven stuff here people! Eternity... whoa!)

Brittany has this thing she always says that gives me the profound feeling mixture of "oh crap" and "heck yes!" she always says, "I'd rather live a life of 'oh wells' than 'what ifs'." You just got that shudder from the feelings cocktail didn't you?

I was talking to my mom about a certain boy in my life and why he's doing what he's doing.  She gave me all kinds of scenarios as to his motives and to every single one I responded, "that's dumb, who cares! Life's too short."  Well, he may not be thinking any of the things my mom said to me, he may just not be that into me, but all the same, life is too short for excuses and putting off and waiting.

Who cares if you haven't done everything in the exact order you wanted things to happen! If an opportunity comes into your life TAKE IT!! For heaven's sake TAKE IT! This is it people!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <<That's how I feel right now!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts