Signs, Nudges, and Good Vibes



Not that I actually believe that God uses material objects and consumerism as "signs" (in fact, I don't actually believe God uses signs at all, I've read scriptures that talk about how offended He gets when we ask for them, I think He works more with slight nudges and hints than signs, and that they usually appear in the form of thoughts, impressions, and feelings... just saying) but, last night I was at Target and right there, on the last chance clearance shelf was one last lonely 2x3 red and white striped rug that would happily go in my potential private bathroom in the apartment Britt and I are holding our collective breath to get into.

The apartments we're applying to have the world's most complex application process.  I feel like we're trying to get approved to live in a gated community, the Celestial Kingdom or join the Royal family. Gee wiz peeps!

So, I bought the cute little red and white striped rug for $12, not because I saw it as a sign (even though it was the very last one, on clearance and matches my decorations perfectly, cosmically even), but to send out positive vibes into the Universe, in a way of saying, "I have faith that things will work out."

You've got to do stuff like that ya know.


Comments

Popular Posts