The 3 Keys to the Perfect Ask Out



I do a fair amount of spending time in a "dating fashion," but there is one gentleman that asked me out that I will remember forever for being the most impressive asker-outer of all my years of dating. His name was Dane and he was in a class of mine up at Utah State University. One day after class he caught up to me and said, "Hey, next Friday my brother and I want to take dates ice skating, out to ice cream and maybe catch a movie if it isn't too late. I was wondering if you would like to be my date?" I remember stopping dead in my tracks, looking at this guy with wonderment in my eyes and couldn't help the huge smile on my face as I said, "I'd love to."


As way of clarification, this guy was not the best looking, smartest, most anything in the class. He was even a little shorter than me (I appreciate tall men, it's on my big top three), but I didn't care. He suddenly became the most attractive guy there. Why? Because the man has balls.


It takes courage to be that direct, and courage is attractive. But, all the same, you may be asking, "What's the big deal with what he said? Why was that so special?" Well, it had all three keys that are required to get a girl to say yes to a date:


#1.) He said when: Before anything else he told me when this shindig was going down. He didn't use the lame and weefy line of "we should do something sometime." Uh? What? Did you just throw the ball into my court you PANSY?! I have noticed that when a guy says, "we should hang out sometime" it's code for, "if you want to ever do anything with me you're gonna have to contact me yourself, because this is as far out on this limb that I'm willing to go."


Also he didn't say the paint-you-in-the-corner line of "so what are you up to this weekend?" or "so, are you busy on Friday?" Girls HATE to be asked if we're busy. Admitting that we're not means we're lame and have no life, but at the same time if we want to go with you and can't it makes it look like we're blowing you off. Don't ever ask if we're busy, just be upfront.


# 2.) He told me with who: A girl wants to know if the date will be one on one or a double or a group. There is nothing worse than thinking you're going to get one on one time with someone and they show up with a huge group, it's like getting water when you were expecting Sprite. There is nothing wrong with water, but the complete difference of experience can come off bitter when you were expecting Sprite.


Another nice thing this notification had was that it included a disclaimer that I didn't need to worry about being alone with a guy I hadn't talked to much. Sometimes when a guy asks a girl out randomly the girl would feel much more comfortable knowing that there will be witnesses. But also, don't make the first date (unless you're 16 and going to a dance) a huge group date, being introduced to a large group of the guy's friends is a lot of pressure.


# 3.) He told me what: A girl likes to know what will be going on, it helps with dressing one's self. Once I had a guy ask me out and not mention that we were going into the mountains on a hike... that's good to know, ya know, to not where a skirt and flip flops.


Full disclosure is always best.


I'm telling you that if you are a guy and you use this technique on a girl it will make an incredible impression. If you're a girl good luck not falling over from shock and excitement from how awesome the guy is who asked you like this.



Comments

  1. I totally agree with this! I was asked out by this guy I had just met during a spring break activity, but because he did all the things you mentioned in this, I couldn't help but delightedly agree. I even told him upfront how impressed I was that he was so direct. This would make dating sooo less awkward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts