London Calling

I have issues.  I have this problem where if I'm at a book store and they have a travel section (which they always do, because really why wouldn't they) I have to buy a travel book. I thought I got over this addiction on my mission when my companion Sora Lovell talked me down while in the middle of a crises, and talked me out of buying a travel book that was in Romanian (PS Elizabeth, I still think about that book and wish you had let me buy it!). Anyway, this past weekend I may or may not have spent my gas money on a Great Britain travel book, thus breaking the four years sober and making it impossible to drive my car because the gas tank has been on E for a few days now.

To say "London is calling" is a bit of an understatement, not to mention not entirely accurate.  More accurately stated: All of Northwestern Europe is calling, more specifically Scotland and Ireland.  The idea of these things called "crags" intrigue me.

The problem with travelling is that if you do it once you have to do it again.  It's like an addiction. An incredibly expensive addiction.  And I'm going through withdrawals.

Exhibit A:
This is Edinburgh Scotland.  Now, I may have already been to this lovely and oh so entertaining city once before, but I want to go back! ASAP!  Not only is this castle the coolest castle I've ever been to (which is saying something) this city houses deep frying shops where you can get deep fried pizza, Snickers bars, ice cream!  Scotland may be up north but it's the UK's South if ya know what I mean. 

Exhibit B:

This is the famed St. Andrews Scotland.  The place where golf started.  Mmmmm, pretty.  Can't you just feel the cool salty breeze?




Exhibit C:



And now for a place I've never been but sometimes haunts my dreams. Galway Ireland.  I've always wanted to go into a pub in Ireland and order a glass of skim milk just to see the reactions. 


Exhibit D:
Kilkenny Ireland.  Enough said.

Exhibit E:



This is in Bath England.  It makes me want to read some Jane Austen and hate on men.  Sounds fun. :)
Now that we're in England lets just hop aboard a ferry for the night and wake up in...

Exhibit F:

Amsterdam, the Netherlands.  After some intellectual talk and a nice bike ride down the canal we can hop aboard yet another ferry and head to....

Exhibit G:

Copenhagen, because why not?

You want to go now don't you.  Well, don't you worry I'm researching the cheapest fares, hostels and restaurants!  I'm thinking three to five months ought to provide just enough time to see and do what we want.  I'm thinking March-June or maybe August through November...



Comments

  1. Oh, Nicole, you had me at London. I was lucky enough to live in Glasgow, Scotland and attend University there. I got to visit all of the places you mentioned about (except Copenhagen) and I have been DYING to go back. You should totally do it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts