Hey! Don't be a Pansy!

Be warned, I am on my high horse.

I'm not doing it anymore!  I'm saying no to every and any "hang out" offer.  No, I don't want to hang out with you sometime!  In fact I don't want to hang out with you ever! Though I will accept a date.

Okay, now that that is out there and I've taken a deep breath I will explain the exclamation point filled tangent (even if my dad thinks it'll ruin my already slim chances of getting married).

It has been SIX years since Elder Dallin H. Oaks originally called the young single adults to repentance on many cases, but most memorably about hanging out and the lack of official dating.  Then, unfortunately due to our complete and utter disregard of his council, he felt the need to reinforce what he had said at a CES fireside FOUR years ago.  And to add a little more spiritual weight here are a few more: President Thomas S. Monson; President Harold B. Lee; President Gordon B. Hinckley; Elder Russell M. Nelson.

I believe the family to be divine, meaning appointed by God, and it's under attack.  No joke, no exaggeration, it just is.  Satan has his greasy little fingers wrapped tightly around the men and women of our generation.  When you refuse to date, and I mean literally date, it is wrong, like sin is wrong.  Don't kid yourselves it is.  It baffles me that men, or should I say boys because I have not a clue where all the men went, so completely deny when they are being controlled by the Adversary.  It is wrong to knowingly avoid real dating, like the kind when you call up a girl and ask her if she wants to go: to dinner, on a walk, to a movie, or just out!  And ladies don't kid yourself, you're doing it to.  We have allowed the behavior to happen, we've fed the laziness.  Well it's time to stop it.

Men: You are not "too young" to be serious.  If you are over 21 you are not a kid anymore, so stop acting like it.  I don't care if you 54-year old dad or your 80-year old grandmother told you that you're young, you are not so young to be an adult.  Stop doing nothing with your life.  Pick a major, get a job, stop playing Halo and get a girlfriend, and not just a girl that's hot and nothing else, but a girl you would trust to raise your children and then marry her! Basically stop being dumb.

Women: You are not getting "too old" so stop freaking out.  Get a life, if you're not married at 20 you'll survive.  But don't get so wrapped up in getting a life that you feel the necessity to cut men and marriage out.  Get goals, get an education, get married and have babies.  Stop hanging out with losers who can't remember the last real date they went on.  Insist on being treated like a grown up, because you are. 

Hanging out leads to awkwardness.  Just read this and try not to agree with it. Dating leads to a life worth living.

So, ladies don't be crazy or slutty or desperate.  Be smart, be honest, and be nice.

Men, grow a pair because no woman wants to marry a ball-less man.  We want children.



Comments

  1. Love it! Heres hoping you get a man with balls to ask you out on some awesome dates soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're blog is seriously one of my most favorite to read. I think you are a brilliant writer and you say everything just as it is, no fluff. I like that. You'll eventually meet someone worth while. I shared the same views as you which is probably why I was past 25 when I finally got hitched. Just keep holding out for the one that has the guts to do things right.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts