"If Marilyn Monroe's thighs can touch, then so can mine!"

Back when "curvy" meant curvy. 

A male said the following to me: "what's the big deal with you girls about being perfect? You're all obsessed with make up and Zumba and eating nothing but lettuce. And if you're not like that you're angry about it. Seriously, what's the deal?"

#1- Make up isn't about looking perfect. It's fun. It's fun to play with. It's fun to do. It's fun to buy. It's bright and sparkly and shimmery and it's like paint by numbers for women. It's not about looking perfect. Yeah, sure we sometimes use it to cover up this or that, but if you're like me, and you're skin is really fair, make up that matches your skin isn't going to cover up anything. So, clearly it's not about looking perfect. And is it so wrong to want our eyelashes to show?

#2- I've never Zumba-ed in my life. But I've danced, and dancing is fun. I'm assuming he meant exercise. Well, exercise is good for you. 


#4- Angry about it? Click the link above.

Maybe if we were allowed to believe that we're attractive as is we wouldn't worry so much about the rest.

Comments

Popular Posts