A Gypsy's Soul, A Long Day at the Office & Things I Fear

"... sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living." 
~ the Renter -- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Jonathan Safran Foer

 

  • I fear being stuck.
  • I fear having a mortgage on a house that I have to clean... until I die.
  • I fear spending the rest of my life cleaning my mortgaged house while I wait for my husband to come home from his "long day at the office" (Office? Please not an office.  It's too sterile.)
  • I fear living the next 60 years of my life living in the same place.
  • I fear raising children who will want to stay in the same place.

        I just want to find a man who will have cute little babies with me as we travel here and there, doing this and that.  I don't want to simply "make a living", I want to create a life. I want my home to be people, not just a place. 


  • I hope to find a man who fears stagnancy and mortgages as much as I do. 
  • I hope to raise adventurous and artistically-minded children.
  • I hope to live in other countries with my children so that they never think that their way is the right way.
  • I hope to love and marry a man whose soul is as gypsy-like as mine.
  • I hope one day to be able to walk out my back door into a field. 
  • I hope one day to be able to walk out my rotating front door into a big city.
  • I hope to speak other languages. 
  • I hope to raise multi-lingual children.
  • I hope to raise children whose patriotism goes beyond America.
  • I hope to grow old and be able to leave my home to find another home and serve the Lord wherever. 




Comments

Popular Posts