Awkward Girl


 I recently  asked a good male friend of mine if he thought that I am pretty (sometimes I worry that I just think that I'm pretty and I'm like those anorexic girls who look in the mirror and see fatness when in reality they're bone thin... except that I see prettiness and in reality... well...) and he said, "yes, Nicole you're very pretty."  And I asked him on a scale from 1-10 how pretty he thought I was.  He gave me a very high number and I told him that he shouldn't worry about offending me and that this wasn't some sort of trap.  He maintained his number.  I said, "that's a very high number."  He said, "You're a very pretty girl."

Then I lowered the boom on him and asked, "so why didn't you ever asked me out."  He answered, "because you seemed really mean."  I said, "but you got to know me and learned that I'm not actually mean."  He said, "well, yeah, but then you were just really awkward around me, so I figured that you didn't want me to like you like that."

Shoot! Darn! Heck!

Oh, well for me and him, it was about seven years ago that either of us had any interest and he's getting married.  But my point is: If I seem awkward, there is a good chance I like you.  If any girl acts awkward around you, she probably likes you (except for all the overly flirtatious ones, they probably just have their shiz together).

Moral of the story my young gentlemanly friends, not all of us know how to flirt, so give some of us awkward ones a chance. 

Comments

Popular Posts