Why Guys Hate the Word "Date"

Nick Miller, Nick Miller, stone cold lady killer.
He's an accurate caricature of my bro . 
I was talking to my brother last night, until 3:30 am. The topic? How much he hates the word "date." So I thought, as a follow up to my post about why the word "date" is so important to girls, I'd give a guy's point of view.

And so, from the mind of Jordan Shepard:

"Ughck, I hate the word 'date' it's the worst. It just sound like a long, awkward, expensive nightmare."

1.) "It's expensive. Girls always say, 'well it doesn't have to be expensive, let's just do something simple.' FALSE! All the 'little, simple' things we do adds up. Hot chocolate $3.50 a pop! Bam! $7. Oh let's go to a movie. BAM $8.50 a piece! $17. 'All I want is some popcorn' BAM $5! Next thing you know it's $30 later. And that's me being cheap."

2.) "It sounds awkward. 'Oh, would you like to be my date to my work party?' Now I have to shave and buy a new shirt and clean my car. Not to mention what if she's awkward around those people?"

3.) "No one acts like a normal person on a date. You say it's a date and suddenly you have to be on your best behavior and she has to act all ladylike. If I asked a girl on a date to a Bees game, suddenly everything's fancy. If I say, 'hey, do you want to go to the Bees game with me?' same thing is accomplished but everyone is a little more at ease."

4.) "When I think of dates I think of being in high school on a 10 hour date with 9 activities and all three meals. Who wants that? And girls say, 'well, we don't have to do that, let's just do dinner.' You can't just 'do dinner' that lasts, what, 45 minutes to an hour-ish? What if you want it to last longer than that? You have to go out to ice cream or whatever. The money just keeps piling on. What if I got nothing else? It's weird to drop her off at 8pm after picking her up at 6."

5.) "Everything gets overcomplicated with 'dates' you can't just do something normal, like going grocery shopping. I like to take a girl grocery shopping or to run errands. It's more interesting because you see them in those situations, you get to spend time together and get some of your crap done. Two birds, one stone."

"Why can't we all just chill, I'm not trying to take advantage of her. I just want to see her, do stuff together and have fun. Is that such a big deal? It's not that I don't get ready and clean my car, but if the word 'date' is used I just want to say 'no'."

What my brother actually looks like ....
Jordan Shepard

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts