What Women Want

This seems to be a popular question posed by men in some of their more frustrating moments.  I do dare to answer, and I won't say, "we don't know"  because that's only a fraction of the truth.

After a string of unfortunate dating experiences over the last year and a half, my roommate and I were feeling a little exasperated, and in true girl fashion we starting bringing up every single negative dating/interaction with males since we could remember with the fiery (and slightly frightening, I'm sure) passion as if they all happened within the last 48 hours.  In the height of disgust I blurted out for about the thousandth time in my "adult" life (does being 24 make you an adult? Apparently.) "I just want to find a guy who will prove me wrong!"  My roommate yelled back, "yeah! No kidding! That would be nice!"

Then, some time later, we planned and threw a party, little did we know there was a local college sporting event happening at the same time, therefore a bunch of girls and two guys showed up.  The awesomeness started to dwindle and so did the crowd.  What was left were five girls and a whole lot of man analyzing.  Unrelated to my roommate's and my previous discussion one of the other girls said that she just wanted a guy... you've guessed it... to prove her wrong.  My brain got a turnin' and a churnin' and the cherry on top came when I saw this:

 
Marilyn, Marilyn, Marilyn, you make me feel so validated.  Well, gentlemen, there you have it, what girls want.  Maybe that doesn't actually clarify anything for you, so let me try to illuminate a bit.  Smart ladies are smart, we are good with the observations.  We are actually pretty good at predicting the behavior patterns of certain types of males.  And honey it ain't all flattering.   My roommate will vouch for me, I'll pretty much go out with anyone with the manhood to ask me, so I've gone out with a large variety of men, and I have never ever been wholly surprised when they all end up treating me like I ought not have my own life, my own goals, my own thoughts, interests, needs, or the like.  Every single guy has in one way or another treated me as an object.  And I'm never shocked, just disappointed.  

I've said it before and I'll say it again,  one day I'm going to meet a man who will look at me and see an individual person and I will love him for it.  That's not asking too much.  

The girls worth your time don't want extravagant dates, fancy flowers, expensive gifts, mind-reading capabilities, a sugar-daddy or a "Prince Charming"-- we just want to be proven wrong.  We want someone to show us that there are good men to be found.  Do that and you've done it all babe.

Questions/Comments/Concerns-- Leave 'em below.

Comments

  1. Good on you for going out with anyone with the gumption to ask you! There aren't too many women out there who give every man a chance to prove himself. You (and all of us single people) will cross paths with someone special much more easily by doing this.
    And boo to those jerks who have treated you as an object. If the woman I'm attracted to doesn't follow up the outward beauty with beautiful thoughts, goals, passions, etc. my attraction to her evaporates very quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts