A Time For Mothers

"The homemaker is the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only- and that is to support the ultimate career." -C.S. Lewis




This past Sunday was Mother's Day and because of a series of unfortunate events it wasn't the most enjoyable day for me which makes me sad because my mom is my favorite person and I don't feel that I expressed that well.



I am grateful for my mom and for her mom and her mom and all the moms that came before and for those who came after. I admire my mom and her hard work and intense love. I love my grandmas for their ever present interest in my happiness. I respect my cousins who are moms or their wives who are mothers and who sacrifice so much for their children, they make me excited to be a mom one day.



I hope we all take more than one day a year to openly love and serve our mothers because they have spent everyday of the last "x" years of your life loving you.



I also hope that we can stop degrading the role of a mother. C.S. Lewis said it best, it is the most central role to the world's success. If you are a mom, be proud of it. If you will be a mom. be excited. If you are scared sometimes of being a mom, take courage and believe in your strength and ability to love and nurture. If you have a mom, love her back. If you are married to a mom, respect her. If your friend is a mom, support her.



Let us all think back to the days of scraped knees, ballet recitals, baseball games, bedtime stories, tears at our graduations, weddings, missions etc. and remember all the reasons we had to love our moms the way we did when we were three-years-old: because no one could be more wonderful, beautiful, or special.

Comments

Popular Posts