The Countdown

I like countdowns. When I was 9 I figured out that Oct. 3 is 100 days until my birthday.

But now, 18 years later, a new set of countdowns have taken the forefront. I was writing in my journal, writing out the pickle my life is in and I broke down a couple of countdowns.

I graduate this spring and that has put a lot of pressure on figuring out my future. I've been thinking a lot about how people get trapped in a life they don't actually want all in the pursuit of "success" and I have to admit that one of my biggest fears is waking up one day, 10 years from now in someone else's idea of the "good life." 

So, I wrote a goal that has only been subconscious until about 20 minutes ago: I want to be somewhere I really want to be by the time I turn 28. I want to feel like I'm in the right place at the right time. I want to feel like I'm doing something I want to be doing. I don't want to be surviving. I want to be living the life I've been hoping for over the last few years.

I turn 28 in 311 days.

I have 311 days to make something big happen.

311 days... that's a lot of days to make something happen. A lot, yet a little. Tick, tock.

Pretty sure 311 days is nothing, so I broke it down.

61 days until I finish school for good. 61 days to find a paid summer internship.

311 days to make something big of my life.

Details to come.




Comments

Popular Posts