Spring Reading

Well, I think it may be safe to say spring has finally arrived and that rain has officially overtaken the snow and sunshine can finally be felt. 

Sorry if I just jinxed you.

Here are my suggestions for reading outside in the sunshine this spring.

This is a light read, appropriate for avoiding studying for your upcoming finals. It's a memoir about a copywriter who hates her job and hacks a plan to quit her job and travel. It's pretty much the most inspiring book I've read in a long time. 
You should read it. No questions asked. Just do it. 



This is not so light of a read. It's about a girl born in the middle 
of the drug war in Mexico.
I loved this book. At the same time I don't know who I would recommend this book to; everyone? no one? I worry over this mostly because I don't know who would appreciate it as much as I did and I don't ever want to hear someone complain about it. It's about such a dark topic, but yet felt light--yet heavy. It was lovely, really. I've never read a book so reach and beautiful in metaphor. I wish I could see and express the world in the way Clement can. 



I adore Nora Ephron. I think she was a genius, a wit and a wonder. I also love compilations.
So, as far as I can tell there is no better book right now than this one. 
In case you live under a rock, Nora Ephron wrote the best romantic comedy: 
You've Got Mail. 
That should be reason enough to read it. Just in case, here are a few more.







Comments

Popular Posts