Life Lessons Learned 2013

#1
No joke folks. 

Sometimes 
when you get what you've worked for 
and dreamed about, 
you hate it. 
Life's rough like that. 

#2
Me driving in Dublin
Driving on the wrong side of the road 
and the wrong side of the car is as terrifying as it sounds, 
but not for the reasons you think. 

#3
 

Going to George Strait's farewell concert,
third row, making eye contact with the King
will make me cry. Twice. 

#4

Spontaneity sometimes looks as good as this:
Just on my way to Ireland (via London)

Or this:
Just pulled over the car to take in the view. Somewhere near Glendalough, Ireland.

Or this:
Taking a break after a long hike through Wicklow Mountains and around Glendalough Lake. 
Or this:
Wicklow Mountains, Glendalough Lake, Ireland
Or even this:
Kinsale, Co. Cork Ireland
 Or if you're really lucky, this:
Sitting atop Blarney Castle
This year, in February, I made the most ridiculous, dangerous, immature decision of my life. To go alone to Ireland after being unemployed for five months, with no employment prospects in my near future.

Every reasonable cell in my body told me not to do it. Not to click "purchase" on that $897 plane ticket. Not to click "book" on that $500 hotel 10 days/nights stay in Dublin. Not to pay $500 for that car rental. But somehow I kept clicking and I kept giving up my emergency money.

I don't regret it for a second. I'd do it all again. Heck, I'll probably do something similar sooner than later. I learned so much from those 10 days alone in Ireland. I learned that I can do hard things. I learned that I can handle high stress. I learned that life isn't about money or security, it's about living. And maybe, most importantly, for all my flaws and mistakes I learned that I like myself a lot. 











Comments

Popular Posts