#YouWannaHangOutSometime?

I'm officially 85-years old. That's two years older than my grandparents. Why? Because I have less of a clue of how this technologically connected life works than they do.

In the last three weeks I have been asked out by guys I've never met, nor seen in real life over Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.

Are you supposed to ask out people over LinkedIn? Did I miss something elemental here? I thought that LinkedIn was a "professional social networking site". Sounds like potential grounds for sexual harassment.

Call me old fashioned, but I like to kinda know a guy before I entrust hours of my life to him. (Sorry if one of you are reading this.)

What am I supposed to do with this? Is it not awkward enough to go on a first date with out the awkward preface of:

Dude: "Hey,#I'dreallylike to take you out. #WhenUfree?"
Me: Um, how do we know each other?

What happened to the classic face-to-face ask out? Or the over the phone? Or even the non-confrontational text message?

Have we really come to this?

I'd like to believe that it's only up from here, but life has taught me that things can and will always get worse.



Comments

Popular Posts