Carpe Diem: Live Your Life for You

 


I don't know about this "YOLO" nonsense going around. I don't worry about this life being the end. I'm a Mormon, a life does not simply end. And if I weren't a Mormon I'd probably lean toward the idea of reincarnation. The idea of ceasing to exist merely because we die just doesn't resonate as truth for me.

Anyway, I digress.

I did something that some people may consider stupid last night. At about 2am when I realized sleep wasn't coming any time soon I started browsing hotels in and flights to Dublin, Ireland. I found some really great deals and as I was staring at the 10 night stay for $541 in a bed and breakfast in Dublin (that had a 4-star rating from student travelers), the temptation grew too great and I said, "ya know what? I'm gonna do it!" So, I booked a hotel for 10 nights in Dublin.

It occurred to me recently that if I'm just reckless enough, I can easily go to Ireland.

And so I'm going.

My life is mine and no one else's. I can't sit around and wait for anyone else to get on the same page as me. So, I'll be off to Ireland May 23 thru June 2. And if I'm lucky (which is looking promising) I'll be able to go to Belfast from June 2 thru June June 24 with a study abroad program.

Life is as good as you make it my dears, so "cheers!" to making your life as amazing as you want it.


where I'll be in two and a half months.




Comments

Popular Posts