Lessons Learned in Putting Yourself Out There-- Rejection



So, I've been rejected. I went out on a limb to show a guy that I like him and he didn't give me the response I was hoping for.

You know what I've learned about wearing your heart on your sleeve from this particular experience? That it's worth it.  It feels stressful, foreign, and embarrassing at first.  You wait for what feels like way too long, and then it wraps itself up. Some people sometimes get the response they were hoping for, some, like me, don't.  But you know what, an answer is an answer.

I may not be living in the blissful world of a new and exciting relationship, but it's okay. Surprisingly so.  I was initially bummed out, don't get me wrong.  I felt confused and rejected for a little while, but not very long. Certainly not like I do when I wait and wait and hope and wish that he'll magically pick up on my interest and have the gumption to do something about it. Not even half as long.

It's been kinda nice to know for sure after such a long wait.  So it won't "work out" after all. Meh, it will with someone, somewhere, sometime.

But for now I can just chill on my own, no plaguing thoughts of "what if" and "if only" to drag me down, no "possibility" with that guy to make me all but ignore other guys.  I'm free to move on to the next attempt.

Here's to crashing and burning! Especially when it's on your own terms.

Peace, Love and Oreos!

Comments

  1. I need to take a page from your book! Thanks, girl! This gave me some new found confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts