R-E-S-P-E-C-T Find Out What It Means To Me


Hey y'alls, it's been awhile.  The end of the semester was a bit crazy and I haven't really been in the mood to sit in front of my computer and type anything for a long while. To be truthful I'm still not in the mood, but there are some stuff I'd like to get out there into the great expanse of the Universe and hope that it touches base with someone.

There is certain someone in my life that has asked me out about five times in the last three weeks or so.  Every single time I've said no, not "sorry, I'm busy," or "um, actually, I can't," just "sorry, no I'd rather not." I don't usually say no, but this case is special, he is a bit of an authority figure in my life, he decides some important factors in an aspect of my life and I just don't think authority and dating mix very well.

I've been as kind and honest as I could be, no hints, no beating around the bush, just a simple straightforward no, but he isn't taking it.

I know that men are given just as much confusing advice about dating as women are given, but let me just take this moment to forcefully put to death one particular amiss idea about females and dating. The whole idea that yes means yes and no means try harder is stupid and wrong.  No means no.

Now, let me explain a little about the concept of "no"-- if she says no and then follows it up with "maybe some other time" take her at her word with the "some other time" statement.  If she uses that on you more than twice in a row, walk away.  If a girl just says "no, thank you" that's what she means.  If she's trying to get you to "work harder" than she's mean and confusing, and dear, you don't want a mean and confusing woman in your life.  Life is hard and confusing all by itself, so don't add to it by picking a woman that's too shallow and lame to admit what she means.

So, please my lovely male readers, just take no as no and be respectful.

Comments

Popular Posts