Dear Men --From Krista Brown


From one of my very best friends and most respected people: Krista Brown. 

To the Gentlemen,

When asked to write this, I had a lot of ideas about what advice that I would give to you about women. After a lot of thought and filtering out the irrelevant information I have come up with three primary tips that I would give to you.

The first piece of advice that I would offer is for you to be true to you. We don’t want who you to be who you think that we want. More often than not we don’t really know everything that we want in a partner. And even if we did we would, more than likely, change our minds. We want to know what we are in for if we continue to pursue the relationship. I don’t mean that you should or need to reveal everything about yourself on the first couple of dates but let us see what you are really like.

The second thing that is extremely important is respect. Show us the respect that we deserve and don’t forget to respect yourselves as well. Each and every person is important. Everyone has something to offer the people around them. We are all equal in the eyes of our Maker.

If you don’t show us the respect that we deserve you probably aren’t worth our time. This goes both ways. If a woman is not respectful and is treating you in a way that you don’t deserve, leave. You are better than that. Don’t put yourself through that misery and humiliation. It is not worth it. Don’t let anyone keep you from your best you. It’s not worth the cost. You want someone who can bring out the best in you, not the worst.

The last, and possibly most important one, is have faith. You’ll notice that I said faith not hope. There is a big difference between these two. Faith implies action where hope does not necessarily. To me, faith takes courage. In the words of Ambrose Redmoon, “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” Please don’t let fear be the reason that you miss an opportunity. This is something that we women could use help with to. Don’t be afraid to ask us out. If we say no it is our loss, not yours.

I am a firm believer in honesty. I know that these are the things that I look for in any relationship in my life whether it is romantic or not.

May you know your value and your worth,

Krista

Comments

Popular Posts