Who I Am and Who I Want to Be

A note to myself.
My name is Nicole Shepard.
I am smart, savvy, and insightful. I have big dreams framed by big goals. I will work diligently to accomplish what comes my way while being sure to set in motion what needs to happen to bring my dreams into reality.
I am reliable.
   I am instinctual.
      I am confident.
         I am patient.
            I am good.
               I am brave.
                  I am courageous.
                     I am thoughtful.
                        I am kind.
I work to avoid the pettiness of anger and irritation. I look for the good. I try my best. I learn from failure and don't internalize it.
I take up all of my own space while giving others the space they need to thrive. I reject the notion of scarcity and embrace the reality of abundance.
My goal is not happiness, because that is too fleeting. My goal is to flourish. I realize that flourishing often includes pain and disappointment.
I take the time to ponder, read and meditate.
I pause to think before I speak, act, decide, and judge.
I do not know everything, but I trust my intuition and education.
I recognize that if I want something in life I have to do it or make it myself. I cannot wait for others or better timing. They need to make their own life and there is no such thing as "better timing."
I take chances as they come, but not wait for opportunity.
I carve out time for silence.
I don't do "busy"-- what good is it to be busy?
I believe in love and I am willing to love first and love alone when necessary.
I do not apologize for my beliefs, my faith, or my opinions. I do not need approval.
I am careful with others feelings but brazen with my own.
I am the only person/thing that defines me.

Comments

Popular Posts