Six months in, six months to go

This past Monday I turned a whooping 29 and a 1/2.

I have six months until my birthday! That means I have had six months to work on my 30 Before 30 list and I have six months until my time is up.

I have completed 7 things on my list plus 4 ongoing projects. I recognized this isn't even technically half of what I have to accomplish by January, but I know how much work I've put into it and I believe that I'll make it.

I have written before about how much this list has come to mean to me and I want to kind of unpack what it is about this list that is so meaningful.

I think I had been very brave or the last 6 months, maybe braver than I have ever really been before. I have put myself out there, I have done things that I never thought I would do, and I have learned to believe in myself in a way I haven't really before.

St. Augustine said that he could only say to God, "I have love to you too late." There's something really profound in those words that is beyond religion and spirituality. Why do we always avoid or put off or resist that which is the most important only to inevitably sorrow of the lost years?

It's easy to look back and see list of shoulda-coulda-woulda's where a life should be. I think this is why the list has become so important to me. It's teaching me that life is fast you have to make space and plans for what you really want, for what really matters.

There won't be more time next week or next month and they're certainly won't be more time next year. So, love God today, do the work make the time, live your life and make a list of all the things you want to do and then do them.

Comments

Popular Posts